Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Best Day!!


I had a wonderful and memorable 48th this year! As in 1960 when I was born it was election day! My Grampa Nita never forgets, as he remembers voting for Nixon, then coming to the hospital to see me! 48 years later my birthday was on thee most historic of election days and it was THRILLING! I watched Barack Obama get elected as the 44th president of the US of A! I was so so excited! He was the RIGHT man for the job and thank God the nation saw fit to make it happen!! BARACK THE VOTE!! I was so excited I hardly slept that night!

I also made a 12 lb. German Chocolate cake, my once a year thing that I do for myself! I make the best too! Lil & BF came out and he made me tacos for dinner! Now, you wouldn’t appreciate this unless you’ve been the one to cook dinner for 29 years, for others, but I just LOVE having someone else cook me dinner as I sit and watch and chat in the kitchen.. It feels so decadent! That could have been my best gift!!

Jas also came home for the night to celebrate my bday and the election. She is a hoot and I miss her dearly! Cam, of course, was here and so was the big guy albeit asleep as he worked all night the previous night!

The girls got me wonderful gifts and cards and so did the BGuy, even though I had to go pick it out! I love the new See’s candy flavors “Pecan Pie” and “Cranberry Orange Truffle”. Mmm, Cam got me a box of those. Lily got me the cutest book and a mat that snaps into a basket! From Powell’s! I have got to get there someday! And a fab kittycat coaster for my tea! Jasi found a whimsy for me! An EcoJot mini notepad and the beautiful butterfly ornament along with the milk chocolate eggs, “kinder surprise” filled with toys! BGuy got my perfume, earrings, DB bucks and soap! Mmm. I is BLESSED!

1 comment:

terraworks said...

Loonie you are so loved and do not forget your old buddy in Rogue River!
We have to get together soon for your little b-day surprise. Hey did you save a piece of that cake for me?
Thanks alot LOONIE!!!